The Karis Group will be attending The Church Network’s National Conference for the 3rd year in a row. If you are attending, we would love to see you at one of our events!
The conference promises to provide a wealth of experience and benefits for church leaders. According to The Church Network, their “63rd Annual Conference is an engaging, thought-provoking three-day event offering you multiple ways to network with church leaders, find a mentor, get a sneak preview of emerging technology, and hone your skills. You'll have opportunities to get started on certification requirements and to participate in continuing education. Whether you are new to church leadership or a veteran, it's an event you won't want to miss!”
If you are attending, be sure to register for our breakfast Friday morning and stop by our booth to meet the team in person. More details on each event below:
Friday, July 12th 7:30 - 8:30am - Free Breakfast, Coffee and Conversation
- Enjoy free breakfast and coffee, network with other church administrators and enjoy a Q&A session on health benefit options with Greg Gordon, a certified church administrator with The Church Network.
- Location: Amelie’s French Bakery & Cafe at the corner of East M.L.K Blvd and S. College Street, a few minutes walk from the Charlotte Convention Center.
- Time: Friday, July 12, 2019 - 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 am
Thursday, July 11th - Saturday, July 13th - Karis Group Booth in The Exhibit Hall
- Stop by The Karis Group booth to speak with our team about The Karis Health Choice benefits solution, which pairs a non-insurance health-sharing approach with traditional cost saving measures to provide an extraordinary offering to cover your healthcare costs.
- Our approach combines the power of community with concierge-style service and cost-effective plan designs including preventative and wellness services, prescription, dental, vision and hearing benefits.
- Booth Location: Exhibition Booth #613
And if you are looking for the best sessions at TCN 2019, here’s our list of can’t miss sessions:
Session: A6- Employment Classification- Wages and Benefits with Frank Sommerville, JD, MPA, CPA
- The discussion will begin with the proper application of the ministerial exception to avoid the application of all employment laws. Then this session will address classifying nonministerial workers properly for minimum wage and overtime. Finally, the discussion will address the taxation of certain fringe benefits, such as health insurance and retirement plans
- Friday, July — A Workshops — 1:00 pm— 2:45 pm
- While there are many considerations in compensation planning, there are some core principles that should be acknowledge in the planning. Understanding these core building blocks assists churches in planning compensation for all staff positions, but these building blocks are especially crucial in planning executive compensation packages. Whether a church has 1 employee or 200 employees, these core concepts should be addressed in creating compensation plans.
- Friday, July 12 — B Workshops — 3:45pm – 5:30pm
- Great leadership and great decisions start with great data. In this session you will experience 7 tracking charts that tell a story. Each chart builds on each other and will give you important financial metrics that you can use to see where you have been and where you are going financially in the church. Each participant will receive a workbook to use in class and have later to use in your church setting.
- Saturday, July 13 — C Workshops — 1:00pm – 2:45pm
Session E5- Retirement Planning for Your Facility, Tim Cool
- Are you planning for your personal retirement? Maybe you have an IRA or 401k. That is great. Are you equally as prudent with the retirement planning for the components of your facility? The reality is that you will “retire” (I.e. replace) nearly every physical component of your church facility. You will retire every HVAC unit. You will retire every roof and parking space. Retirement can also involve looking for ways of enjoying life without working as hard. In the facility world, this could the inclusion of system automation and integrations. If you are looking to improve your facility retirement planning and long-term life cycle, join us for Retirement Planning Workshop.
- Sunday, July 14— E Workshops — 8:30am — 10:15am
To learn more about The Karis Group's activities at TCN2019, visit go.thekarisgroup.com/TCN2019